Our staff at ERCE have worked on projects in over 50 countries worldwide. Offering expertise in both onshore and offshore areas, we are proud to be able to contribute valuable insights to our clients subsurface and commercial studies.
Oil and Gas Exploration and Appraisal
ERCE has worked with many successful oil and gas exploration groups throughout our history. Typically, we’ve worked in the following areas.
- Oil and Gas prospect studies, including identification, risking and ranking
- Providing an Independent second opinion on oil and gas prospects, for management or board decisions and for financing raises
- Completing bespoke technical pieces of work to help understand and de-risk prospects. Example projects include basin modelling, seismic evaluation, geology studies including sequence stratigraphy, quantitative geophysics modelling and velocity modelling.
Our work in Oil and Gas Prospective Resources studies has taken us to many regions around the world. Examples include:
- The whole of the passive margin in West Africa, in both the pre and post-salt environments
- Offshore Nile Delta, including the deep-water environment
- North Atlantic and Arctic ocean exploration, including the Barents Sea Norway, offshore Greenland and the Grand Banks Canada
- Studies of multiple quads, offshore UK
- Asia Pacific, including Indonesia, Malaysia, Thailand, Vietnam, Myanmar, India...
- Onshore Kurdistan in multiple reservoir systems
- Offshore East Africa, across Tanzania, Mozambique and Madagascar
Once a successful discovery is made, it is properly appraised and quantified. This is critical to making appropriate commercial decisions. ERCE is engaged to:
- Help clients to maximise the use of their existing data
- Quantify uncertainties such that appraisal programmes can be developed and evaluated for commerciallity
- Complete independent assessments, used to raise financing for further appraisal work or to move towards field developments